Should I contact the police?

Yes. You should report any accident to law enforcement where an injury may be involved. Under Texas Law, an operator of motor vehicle who is involved in a car accident that results in injuries or death is required to immediately: Stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident, determine whether a person involved in the accident requires aid, and give notice of the accident to the local police department or sheriff’s office.

If a family member would like this article removed for any reason, please click the "Remove" button and the article will be removed. Removal of an article is usually done within one hour, although in some situations it may take several hours.